Medical Consulting Group is Hiring!
Full-time Medical Coder
Medical Consulting Group, LLC is searching for a qualified, energetic individual to join our team to assist in coding for insurance claims and databases. This position requires a highly motivated, detail-oriented candidate with top-notch people skills to help navigate any situation with ease.
A Medical Coder’s responsibilities include assigning Current Procedural Terminology (CPT), Healthcare Common Procedure Coding System (HCPCS) and International Classification of Diseases Tenth Revision Clinical Modification (ICD-10 CM). You will also be required to assign American Society Anesthesiologists (ASA), Ambulatory Payment Classifications (APC) or Diagnosis related groups (DRG) codes.
Every day you will . . .
- Account for coding and abstracting of patient encounters
- Research and analyze data needs for reimbursement
- Ensure that codes are sequenced according to government and insurance regulations
- Make sure all medical records are filed and processed correctly
- Analyze medical records and identify documentation deficiencies
- Serve as resource and subject matter expert to other coding staff
- Review and verify documentation for diagnoses, procedures, and treatment results
- Identify diagnostic and procedural information
To thrive in this role would require . . .
- Proven work experience as a Medical Coder or similar role
- Proficient computer skills
- Experience working with coding software
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Ability to maintain the confidentiality of information
- High school diploma or GED
- Coder licensing or certification (CCS, AHIMA, RHIT, CPC, RHIA, AAPC, CHC, CIC, COC, CCA)
You will receive . . .
- Competitive compensation based on the experience and qualifications of the successful candidate
- Generous paid time off
- Comprehensive health insurance coverage to include medical, dental, and vision
- Health Savings Accounts (HSA’s) or Flex Spending Accounts (FSA’s)
- Retirement benefits with company % match
- Relaxed work environment
- Flexible work schedules